On September 14, 1954, a new building was dedicated at the National Bureau of Standards (NBS) in Boulder. This new building housed the Radio Propagation Laboratories, later dubbed the “Radio Building”. President Dwight D. Eisenhower visited Boulder and gave the dedication speech. Other speakers included Secretary of Commerce Sinclair Weeks and the Director of the Bureau of Standards, Dr. Allen Astin, who spoke about the history of NBS and the research conducted by its scientists. Radio station KBOL made a recording of the dedication.
This ceremony, which took place on September 14, 1954, was recorded by KBOL radio. The recording was donated to the Carnegie Library for Local History in Boulder, Colorado, on reel-to-reel tape and is part of the KBOL and KBVL Radio Collection #605. The recording was digitized and added to the Maria Rogers Oral History Program archives in 2012.