Jane Daniels was principal of Whittier Elementary School from 1976 to 1982. Polly McDonald became the secretary for the school in 1979. She continued in that role for many years, but she also became the school historian and eventually began a Whittier Historians Club for fourth-grade students, which continues to this day. The women relate the history of the school, which opened in January 1883 as the Pine Street School, was renamed the Whittier School in honor of John Greenleaf Whittier in 1903, and is now the Whittier International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program School. They talk about some of the school-wide projects that were carried out in relation to the school’s centennial celebration in 1982, the artist in residence program of that same era, the IB program and how it has changed education for the students, and the projects carried out by the Whittier Historians Club.